Yay! I did it. I changed the look of Blogger Sentral blog header. Now instead of boring, flat, amateurish looking title text, I’ve upgraded it to a 3D, polished look –more pleasing to the eyes than the previous one (at least I think so).
It’s not as hard as I thought. At one time I thought of using GIMP to make it, but the lack of good looking fonts stopped me half way. I know fonts can be imported into GIMP, but.. too much of a hassle just to pimp the title.
I was just about to give up with this make-my-blog-title-look-good thing, until yesterday that is.
Yesterday I found this cool site, appropriately named Cooltext.com. It’s a free online graphics generator, no need to sign-up or anything. I made mine with just a few simple steps.
So today I’m going to write about how to make or design a blog title and and then replace the existing title with it. Here are the steps:
- Design the blog title using Cooltext.com.
- Choose your logo style, there are many styles available. Choose the one you think best for your blog. You’ll then transferred to Design-Your-Logo page
- Here you choose the font, text size, colors etc. You also need to specify the output file format.
- After specifying all the parameters, click on Render Logo button, wait for a while and then wallah, your text comes out.
- Download it. If you don’t like it you can edit it, over and over again.
- Replace the existing title with the new one.
- Go to Dashboard > Design > Page Elements
- Click the Edit link at bottom right hand corner of Header widget box.
- Select Image > From your computer. Click Browse to select the file that you’ve downloaded. Under Placement, select “Instead of title and description” option.
- Click save, and then View blog.