Posting a picture in a post helps push the message across, after all a picture is worth a thousand words. But posting too many pictures will inevitably adds to the length of your post, sometimes too long for your readers’ comfort.
How then can you add pictures while keeping your post short? The answer is by using a slideshow.
I. Making the slideshow
- Go to Picasa Web Albums and sign-in with your Google account.
- Upload or group the pictures together in an album.
- From within the album, click on Link To This Album link.
- Click on Embed Slideshow. A pop-up showing slideshow configuration and preview will appear.
- Change Slideshow size to fit your blog post width. There are also options to Autoplay and Show caption.
II. Embedding the slideshow in your blog
- To embed in a post, follow these steps:
- Go to Blogger Post Editor.
- Switch to Edit HTML mode.
- Copy and paste the entire code in the yellow window and paste it into your post where you want the slideshow to play.
- Save your post and view it. The slideshow should playing inside the post.
- To embed in a page element e.g. sidebar, follow these steps:
- Go to Layout.
- Click Add A Gadget link.
- Save the slideshow code into the gadget window.
- Save and view your blog. The slideshow should playing inside the sidebar.