As you may know Blogger blog header image can be uploaded or removed via Header gadget in Page Elements. All good and dandy, until you want to remove or replace the header image -because you can’t. If you use animated gif, and uploaded it using “From your computer” option, you probably won’t be able to remove it. This is maybe because Picasa Web Albums (Blogger image host) doesn’t support animated gif.
How do I remove it then? You remove it by replacing the whole header gadget with a fresh new one. Here’s how:
I. Remove the gif header gadget
- Login to your Blogger account.
- Go to Dashboard > Design > Edit HTML.
- Back up your template.
- Use the search function (Ctrl+F) to find “
Header1“ in your template HTML. What you will find should look something similar like this :
<b:section class='header' id='header' maxwidgets='1' showaddelement='no'> <b:widget id='Header1' locked='false' title='TitleOfYourBlog(Header)' type='Header'/>
- To remove the problematic header, just delete code line 2 (the
- Then in code line 1, change the showaddelement attribute value from
yes. Changing this will add an Add A Gadget link in the Page Elements page, enabling you to add a new header later.
- Press Save Template button to save the changes.
- A warning message will appear, asking if you like to keep the widget on your blog or delete it. Press the Delete Widgets button to confirm the deletion.
II. Install new header gadget
- To install new header, go to Design > Page Elements and click the Add A Gadget at the header area.
- Scroll down the page and choose Page Header.
- Configure your new header and click Save.