This tutorial will provide step by step instructions to set up a PayPal donate button and add it to your Blogger/blogspot blog. The button is free and once added you will be able to accept donations to your Paypal account. It accepts funds from other Paypal accounts, credit cards or debit cards.
Step 1: Create PayPal donation button
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Click Merchant Services tab to go to Merchant Tools page.
- Scroll down to PayPal Website Payments Standard section and click Donations link on the right to open donation button set up page.
- You will be taken to Step 1: Choose a button type and enter your payment details.
You will see many input fields, dropdown lists and radio buttons in this step. Just ignore them.
- Click Customize text or appearance link if you want to customize the button.
- The customize menu lets you to choose smaller button size, remove credit card logo, specify language and even use your own button image.
- Skip Step 2 and Step 3.
- Click the Create Button button at the bottom of the page when you are done with the configuration.
- You will be provided with the HTML code for the button you created. Click Select Code button to highlight, then copy the code.
Step 2: Adding button to your blog
- Login to your Blogger account and go to Design > Page Elements.
- Enter the title of your widget.
- Paste the Paypal button code inside the content box.
- Click Save, then view your blog.