Modifying your blog appearance usually requires you to edit your template’s existing CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) code or adding new codes.
To add a CSS code snippet, go to Template > Edit HTML > Proceed (for old interface: Design > Edit HTML) page and insert the code in the CSS section of the template.
That’s what you would do if you are using a regular layout template. However if you use the new Designer Template, there is another way. You can do it right from the inside of Template Designer.
Some of the advantages of using this method:
- Safer -you don’t need to enter the Edit HTML page (where all your template codes reside), thus eliminating the risk of messing up your existing codes.
- Instant preview -Template Designer provides live preview. You will see changes even as you enter the code.
- Easier to undo -the added code will stay there in the editor. To undo, you can come back to the editor at any time and remove the added code.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to Template > Customize (for old interface: Dashboard > Design > Template Designer).
- In Template Designer page, click Advanced in the menu on the left.
- Then scroll down the submenu and click Add CSS.
- Enter the CSS code snippet in the editor on the right.
- Hit Enter key and view the change live in the preview pane located on the lower half of the screen.
- Click the orange Apply To Blog button on the upper right corner of the screen to save the snippet.
- Click Back to Blogger link to return to Page Elements page.
- Done…. enjoy!