Sharing your blog posts/entries on Facebook is a great way to increase your online presence. If you had a Facebook share button installed, sharing a post is just a couple of clicks away. Easy right?
Yet here I am telling you there is an even easier way to share your blog posts on Facebook. It’s a “set it once and forget it” kind of way -by importing your blog feeds into Facebook, using Networked Blogs. Once set up, NetworkedBlogs will update your profile, fan page and even group page with your latest posts, automatically.
This tutorial will show you how to register your blogs with NetworkedBlogs and then import them into Facebook.
And if you already importing your blog using Facebook Notes application, you too should consider switching to NetworkedBlogs. Here’s why:
- NetworkedBlogs supports multiple blogs.
- NetworkedBlogs not only imports to your personal and fan page, but can also import to your group page as well.
- Each post snippet comes with a thumbnail image (pulled from your blog post) and a link to the original post on your blog.
- The import actually works. Your blog’s latest post will be posted on your wall automatically. (Facebook Notes claims to do this too, but the auto-updates never come).
I. Register your blogs with Networked Blogs
- Go to NetworkedBlogs facebook application.
- Click the Allow button when Networked Blogs requests for permission to allow it to access your information.
- Select some blogs to follow. You have to follow at least one blog before you could register yours.
- Then go back to NetworkedBlogs to add your blogs.
- Click Register a Blog button located on top of news feed.
- Fill in all the necessary details and then click Next button at the bottom of the page.
- When asked if you are the owner of the blog, click YES.
- In the next screen, choose Use widget to verify ownership as the method of verification.
- Once you Save the gadget, click Verify Widget button.
- Click NEXT button when you receive the green “Verification successful” message.
- (To register another blog, repeat steps 4 to 11.)
II. Importing your blog
Now you are taken to a page containing your blog info and feed. On the top of the page, under the search box you will see “Syndication” link.
- Click the link, and then choose a blog to syndicate.
- Your Personal profile, Fan page and Facebook groups will be listed under Publishing Targets tab. Beside each tab is a Auto-publish checkbox.
- Tick the checkbox to auto-publish your blog feed to its wall.
- Choose Allow when Networked Blogs requests for permission to post to your wall.
- Click Publish a Test Post.
- When the button changes to “Message posted, check page wall”, go to the wall to see if the test post comes out. If it does then your work is done. The next time you publish a post, it will be posted automatically on the wall.