Tinted Panes comes with many additional custom features not available in templates offered by Blogger. At the same time it still retains (Blogger) Designer Template’s functionalities and ease of customization.
This template comes with a few of the most sought after features. They are:
- SEO optimized page title, as explained in SEO friendly Blogger page title.
- Auto read more with thumbnail
With adjustable thumbnail size and word count for the summary. (You have to edit template HTML to do this).
By default, posts are actually loaded in their entirety on summary pages, even though you only see the summary. To make the browser only load the summary, you need to insert Blogger jump break. Make sure you include an image (if the post has one) and enough text for the summary before inserting the break.
(It will not create double jump links because I have removed the original jump link code from the template)
- Clutter-free static pages
Sidebars and footers are removed from static pages. The post area is then widened to fill up the entire page width.
- Numbered comments
Comments are numbered for easier referencing. To hide comment numbers, change the color to blend with comments background color.
- Fully customizable using Template Designer
Tinted Panes allows you to customize the layout, number of columns, widths, fonts, backgrounds and colors right from the inside of the Template Designer.
You are allowed to change almost every setting in Template Designer, with one exception –DO NOT SWITCH TO ANOTHER TEMPLATE (Template > Customize > Templates). Changing the template will reset it to Blogger default settings and will remove the added features.
How to install
- Download the template (.txt file) and open it in a text editor (eg. Notepad).
- Right-click, Select All and copy.
- On Blogger, go to Template > Edit HTML > Proceed.
- Right-click inside the code window, Select All and paste in the code.
- Preview before saving.
- To keep existing widgets, click Keep Widgets button.
- View your blog.
- Rearrange the widgets if necessary.