Blogger is a free blogging service hosted by Google. Here is some information about the limits a Blogger account has. I’ve put them into a list for your reference. I’m sure this information will come in handy at some point in your blogging future. So you might want to bookmark this post, just in case.
- Number of blogs: 100 per account.
- Profile "About Me" info length: 1,200 characters.
- Profile Interests and Favorites: 2,000 characters in each field.
- Number of blogs to follow: 300 blogs per account.
- Image size (dimension)
- Image uploaded via post editor: 1600px wide or high. Larger images can be uploaded but it will be scaled down to 1600px while preserving the aspect ratio
- Image (for background) uploaded via Template > Customize > Background: No limit
- Image filesize (byte)
- Image uploaded via post editor: 8MB
- Image (for background) uploaded via Template > Customize > Background: 300kB
- Uploaded via Blogger Mobile 250KB
- Capacity of image and video hosting (on Blogger partner Picasa Web Albums):
- Photos up to 2048 x 2048 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes: No limit and free
- Larger photos and videos: 1024MB free. Need to buy for more storage.
- Bandwidth of image hosting: No limit
- Length of blog title: 90 characters.
- Length of subdomain name (as in http://SUBDOMAIN.blogspot.com): 37 characters.
- Length of blog description: 500 characters.
- Number of members/authors: 100 member invitations per blog.
- Number of readers (for a private blog): 100 per blog.
- Number of posts: No limit.
- Number of posts displayed on multiple-post pages (homepage, archive etc.):
Blogger will attempt to display the number of posts as set in Settings > Posts and Comments > Show At Most provided the posts’ file size does not exceed the Blogger auto-pagination cap of 1MB.
Bigger posts may cause fewer number of posts to be displayed.
- Number of static pages: 20 per blog (updated Mar 2012).
- Number of labels: 5000 unique labels per blog.
- Length of individual post: No limit.
- Size of individual post: No limit, but very large posts may run you up against the multiple-post page size limit (see above).
- Number of labels: 20 unique labels per post. All labels combined must not exceed 200 characters per post (thanks to Zipote Craz).
- Number of comments: No limit.
- Length of post filename: 39 characters (auto-generated from post title, truncated to length).
- Comment length: 4,096 characters per comment.
I hope you find the information useful. If you know a limit that’s not in the list, please share them in the comments.