This widget is a great tool for to increase your Google+ friends. It lets your blog visitors know that you have a Google+ account and prompt them to add you to their circles. It provides link to your Google+ profile, shows off how many people have you in their circles and even displays your stream (optional).
Just follow the steps below to add it on your Blogger blog.
I) Get your Google+ ID
- Visit your Google Plus profile page. Look at the URL in your browser address bar. The URL should look something like this:
- The green part is the Google+ ID. Copy it.
II) Configure your Google Plus widget
[Update Feb 2013] The site offering this service is no longer available. Instead, you can use a Google+ Badge widget by Blogger, which offers the same function. To get it, simply go to Layout, click Add A Gadget and choose Google+ Badge gadget.
- Go to widgetplus.com (opens in a new tab/window).
- Click “Get widget” button to open settings panel.
- Paste your Google+ ID in the required box.
- You can customize the widget -add the Google+ stream, title, change the font, colors, width, height etc.
- When you’re done with the customization, hit the orange “Get code” button.
III) Add the widget to Blogger
- Copy the HTML code provided in II.5.
- Save and view your blog.