(Update: There is an alternate method on how to install “link to us” widget -no code will be displayed, no copy-pasting required.)
Wondering how to make a “Link back to us” a.k.a “Grab this” button widget just like the live example on the right? Whereby readers would copy and paste the code in the textbox to display your button/badge on their blog? It’s easy, you can do it in just two steps.
1. Make the button
Make a button, badge, banner or whatever. Make it eye-catching and inviting. The goal is to get people to click the button. You can make it on your own using Gimp or Photoshop or you can use an online button maker/generator. Some of the sites that offer the service are CoolText, GRSites and AdamKalsey. There is also list of button makers by Mashable.
2. Display the button and code in your sidebar
- Login to your Blogger account.
- Go to Design > Page Elements.
- Click Add A Gadget.
- Enter the title of your widget e.g. Link back to us or Grab this button.
- Copy the code below and paste it inside the window.
<center> <img src="YourButtonUrl"/> <textarea style="width: 95%; height: 80px" name="textfield"><center><a title="YourBlogName" href="YourBlogUrl" target="_blank"><img border="0" src="YourButtonUrl"/></a></center></textarea> </center>
YourButtonUrlwith the direct link to the button.
YourBlogUrlwith the url of your blog.
YourBlogNamewith the name of your blog.
- You can change the size of the textbox by changing the
- Click Save and view your blog.
That’s it. Enjoy.
Before you leave:
- Do you find this article useful? Share it via Retweet , Share and Stumble buttons.
- Any suggestion, question or comment? Please post it in the comments below.