Social media sites, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, are some of the most visited pages worldwide. Social media has gained an insane popularity because it allows people to be updated on their family, friends, or another person’s life. Instagram is quite popular these days, thanks to its newly efficient features that increase views on Instagram videos and pictures among others. It is unquestionably a fast-growing platform. For over 300 million users, it is nearly impossible to have 0 followers and 0 likes.
However, if you are having a trouble on boosting your followers, you need not worry. There are a lot of tips that can help you out. Here are some tips on how to boost your followers and increase views on your Instagram videos:
- Use trendy hashtags. According to Buzzfeed, there are 57 million photos that bear the hashtag, #selfie. You can also use hashtags that are popularly used to increase your followers. Some efficient hashtags include #l4l, #instafollow, #tagsforlikes, and #followback. These trendy hashtags lead people that use the same hashtags to like and follow your account.
- Make your account public. Well, only if you want your account to be viewed by the whole world. Making your account public and open will make people think you are friendly and easy to approach! This way, they are more willing to follow and be updated on your posts!
- Shoot your photos on a square mode. This way you can never leave anything out. Starting with high-quality photos and videos will make a big impact and eventually increase views on your Instagram videos. This technique will save time on cropping and ensures that important elements are part of the media. A lot of smartphones have this in their setting, but in case your default camera missed it, you can use camera applications such as Camera Awesome (available for both Apple and Android phones).
- Most people prefer lifestyle posts than others. An analysis showed that posts with houses, interiors, make-ups, cars, etc. have more engagements than those non-related. This is because users like to see more of what’s realistic and those that they can relate to real life.
- Like and comment on other people’s post. It is by far the most natural way to gain likes, followers and increase views on Instagram videos. When you comment on someone’s post, this person is likely to go in your profile account, start scrolling, viewing, liking, and commenting. People will not only comment on your posts when you comment on theirs; they most likely follow your account too.
- Timing must be perfect. Posting videos and photos also have their own timing. You can try analyzing your Instagram account on what day and time you get the most likes and the least. This way, you can receive the greatest number of likes. Some people use the websiteIconosquare, which has a 7-day free trial.
- Don’t forget to like on hundreds of photos of your targeted audience. Neil Patel, an entrepreneur, posted an article that states that he receives 6 followers every one hundred likes of random photos.
- Quality beats quantity. Post images and videos that make sense and are of good quality. Edit your account to leave the ones that are the best. Nobody wants to follow someone who posts a hundred random stuff that doesn’t make sense.
- Don’t be afraid to post often. Statistics show that the frequency of photos that you will upload doesn’t affect the number of your engagements. It won’t necessarily affect you, so don’t be afraid to post several times a day.
- Engage by asking. Asking for the captions of your photos will increase engagement, too!
- Complete your bio. Use relevant words in your bio, and make sure it’s complete. A good bio can increase follower count when it is well-structured and when it is convincing. Add a link to your website too, and don’t forget to add hashtags!
- Be consistent. Be consistent with what you are posting. Be consistent at the time of your posting. Be consistent with who you are posting for as well. Being consistent will make your followers informed and excited on your posts!
- Be wise with filters. According to the Fortune 500 Report by Track Maven, the Mayfair is the most used filter on Instagram. It shows that the filter is supported and used by many people. Filters’ jobs are to make your everyday photos and videos even prettier. Make sure to pick the filters that most suit the image.
- Use geotagging. Place a location on your photo because when you geotag them, people who post on your region can easily see your photos. This can attract more attention to your posts.
- Piqora&Latergramme. Piqora can tell you which type of photos have the most engagement. Latergrammer, on the other hand, allows you to post your photos depending on your schedule. Again, consistency in one key to boost likes and increase views on Instagram videos.
There you go co-Instagrammers! Just do and follow the tips written above, and you can be sure that your followers’count will be piling up. One more thing, keep in mind that being friendly is always the best approach.
About the author
Sheena Mathieson understands the essence of making excellent content that suits the needs of every business, especially when it comes to online marketing. She can spice up your marketing campaign with the content she makes and then incorporate Buy Real Marketing services.